gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org

The email list for Guild of Book Workers member communications.

View all threads

Re: trouble with hotel

JP
Jennifer Pellecchia
Mon, Sep 23, 2024 9:51 PM

Hi everyone,

Our room block is officially sold out - good for GBW, inconvenient on an
individual level -- as is most of the Graduate for that period of time. Our
representative with HelmesBriscoe is looking into booking an additional,
smaller block of rooms at a nearby hotel.

I'm not sure what the timeline on adding additional rooms will be, or
whether or not it's to GBW's advantage to pursue a second block of rooms,
but I can report back when I have more info.

jp

On Sun, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:59 PM Susie Cobbledick via GBW <

From: Susie Cobbledick via GBW gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org
To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications <
gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org>
Bcc:
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC)
GBW: The email list for GBW member communications

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of GBW digest..."

For info about the list or to change your settings, visit:
https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also
need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list
messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair:
communications@guildofbookworkers.org

Hi everyone, Our room block is officially sold out - good for GBW, inconvenient on an individual level -- as is most of the Graduate for that period of time. Our representative with HelmesBriscoe is looking into booking an additional, smaller block of rooms at a nearby hotel. I'm not sure what the timeline on adding additional rooms will be, or whether or not it's to GBW's advantage to pursue a second block of rooms, but I can report back when I have more info. jp On Sun, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:59 PM Susie Cobbledick via GBW < gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> wrote: > > > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: Susie Cobbledick <scobbledick@yahoo.com> > To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications < > gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > Cc: > Bcc: > Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) > Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel > Colleagues-- > > I tried to reserve a room at the Graduate Providence for Standards. First > I tried using the online link, but the rates I saw were much higher than > the $179.00 per night that our web site listed. I tried clicking various > places and even tried to find a place to put the Group Reservation Code to > no avail. > > Finally as a last disparate act, I called the hotel, as it seems I could > do per out site. I was told that staff could not make a reservation over > the phone and if I was seeing different rates, I needed to talk to my > organization. > > Is anyone else having trouble with the hotel? I will probably look for > other places to stay. > > Susie Cobbledick > Book Conservator > Missouri Botanical Garden Librart > GBWJ Co-editor > > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: Susie Cobbledick via GBW <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications < > gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > Cc: > Bcc: > Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) > Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel > GBW: The email list for GBW member communications > > To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org > To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than > "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." > > For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: > https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org > > List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also > need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list > messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register > > For problems, contact the Communications Chair: > communications@guildofbookworkers.org
JW
Jim Welker
Tue, Sep 24, 2024 4:41 PM

Jennifer;

I am registered and paid for Standards.  Unfortunately I have had  a health problem and was hospitalized. I have been released at this time  I had planned to call the hotel today to cancel the reservation. Do you know whether the hotel would allow me to transfer to reservation to someone else? If so, can you help?

Jim Welker

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org mailto:communications@guildofbookworkers.orgGBW: The email list for GBW member communications

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org mailto:communications@guildofbookworkers.org

Jennifer; I am registered and paid for Standards. Unfortunately I have had a health problem and was hospitalized. I have been released at this time I had planned to call the hotel today to cancel the reservation. Do you know whether the hotel would allow me to transfer to reservation to someone else? If so, can you help? Jim Welker <standards@guildofbookworkers.org> wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > Our room block is officially sold out - good for GBW, inconvenient on an individual level -- as is most of the Graduate for that period of time. Our representative with HelmesBriscoe is looking into booking an additional, smaller block of rooms at a nearby hotel. > > I'm not sure what the timeline on adding additional rooms will be, or whether or not it's to GBW's advantage to pursue a second block of rooms, but I can report back when I have more info. > > jp > > On Sun, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:59 PM Susie Cobbledick via GBW <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org>> wrote: >> >> >> >> ---------- Forwarded message ---------- >> From: Susie Cobbledick <scobbledick@yahoo.com <mailto:scobbledick@yahoo.com>> >> To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org>> >> Cc: >> Bcc: >> Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) >> Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel >> Colleagues-- >> >> I tried to reserve a room at the Graduate Providence for Standards. First I tried using the online link, but the rates I saw were much higher than the $179.00 per night that our web site listed. I tried clicking various places and even tried to find a place to put the Group Reservation Code to no avail. >> >> Finally as a last disparate act, I called the hotel, as it seems I could do per out site. I was told that staff could not make a reservation over the phone and if I was seeing different rates, I needed to talk to my organization. >> >> Is anyone else having trouble with the hotel? I will probably look for other places to stay. >> >> Susie Cobbledick >> Book Conservator >> Missouri Botanical Garden Librart >> GBWJ Co-editor >> >> >> ---------- Forwarded message ---------- >> From: Susie Cobbledick via GBW <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org>> >> To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org>> >> Cc: >> Bcc: >> Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) >> Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel >> GBW: The email list for GBW member communications >> >> To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> >> To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org> >> >> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." >> >> For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org >> >> List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register >> >> For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:communications@guildofbookworkers.org>GBW: The email list for GBW member communications > > To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." > > For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org > > List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register > > For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org <mailto:communications@guildofbookworkers.org>
MB
Mary Baughman
Wed, Sep 25, 2024 6:16 AM

I am looking for a hotel room for Standards - or to share a room.I just discovered that I have not yet booked a room.
Thanks -
Mary Baughman

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org

GBW: The email list for GBW member communications

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of GBW digest..."

For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org

I am looking for a hotel room for Standards - or to share a room.I just discovered that I have not yet booked a room.  Thanks -  Mary Baughman On Tuesday, September 24, 2024, 11:42:11 AM CDT, Jim Welker <philiobook@gmail.com> wrote: Jennifer; I am registered and paid for Standards.  Unfortunately I have had  a health problem and was hospitalized. I have been released at this time  I had planned to call the hotel today to cancel the reservation. Do you know whether the hotel would allow me to transfer to reservation to someone else? If so, can you help? Jim Welker <standards@guildofbookworkers.org> wrote: Hi everyone, Our room block is officially sold out - good for GBW, inconvenient on an individual level -- as is most of the Graduate for that period of time. Our representative with HelmesBriscoe is looking into booking an additional, smaller block of rooms at a nearby hotel.  I'm not sure what the timeline on adding additional rooms will be, or whether or not it's to GBW's advantage to pursue a second block of rooms, but I can report back when I have more info. jp On Sun, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:59 PM Susie Cobbledick via GBW <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> wrote: ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Susie Cobbledick <scobbledick@yahoo.com> To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> Cc:  Bcc:  Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel Colleagues-- I tried to reserve a room at the Graduate Providence for Standards. First I tried using the online link, but the rates I saw were much higher than the $179.00 per night that our web site listed. I tried clicking various places and even tried to find a place to put the Group Reservation Code to no avail. Finally as a last disparate act, I called the hotel, as it seems I could do per out site. I was told that staff could not make a reservation over the phone and if I was seeing different rates, I needed to talk to my organization.  Is anyone else having trouble with the hotel? I will probably look for other places to stay. Susie Cobbledick Book Conservator Missouri Botanical Garden Librart GBWJ Co-editor ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Susie Cobbledick via GBW <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> Cc:  Bcc:  Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel GBW: The email list for GBW member communications To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org GBW: The email list for GBW member communications To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org GBW: The email list for GBW member communications To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org
JP
Jennifer Pellecchia
Tue, Oct 1, 2024 4:39 PM

Hi Mary,

We are in the process of securing an additional block of discounted rooms
at a hotel very near to Graduate. If you haven't booked anything yet, you
may want to wait on that info -- I should have a link within the next few
days.

All the best,

Jennifer Pellecchia (she/her/hers)
Standards Chair, Guild of Book Workers
standards@guildofbookworkers.org

philiobook@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also
need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list
messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair:
communications@guildofbookworkers.org

GBW: The email list for GBW member communications

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of GBW digest..."

For info about the list or to change your settings, visit:
https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also
need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list
messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair:
communications@guildofbookworkers.org

GBW: The email list for GBW member communications

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of GBW digest..."

For info about the list or to change your settings, visit:
https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org

List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also
need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list
messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register

For problems, contact the Communications Chair:
communications@guildofbookworkers.org

Hi Mary, We are in the process of securing an additional block of discounted rooms at a hotel very near to Graduate. If you haven't booked anything yet, you may want to wait on that info -- I should have a link within the next few days. All the best, Jennifer Pellecchia (she/her/hers) Standards Chair, Guild of Book Workers standards@guildofbookworkers.org On Wed, Sep 25, 2024 at 2:16 AM Mary Baughman <mcboffman@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I am looking for a hotel room for Standards - or to share a room. > I just discovered that I have not yet booked a room. > > Thanks - > > Mary Baughman > > On Tuesday, September 24, 2024, 11:42:11 AM CDT, Jim Welker < > philiobook@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Jennifer; > > I am registered and paid for Standards. Unfortunately I have had a > health problem and was hospitalized. I have been released at this time I > had planned to call the hotel today to cancel the reservation. Do you know > whether the hotel would allow me to transfer to reservation to someone > else? If so, can you help? > > Jim Welker > > <standards@guildofbookworkers.org> wrote: > > > Hi everyone, > > Our room block is officially sold out - good for GBW, inconvenient on an > individual level -- as is most of the Graduate for that period of time. Our > representative with HelmesBriscoe is looking into booking an additional, > smaller block of rooms at a nearby hotel. > > I'm not sure what the timeline on adding additional rooms will be, or > whether or not it's to GBW's advantage to pursue a second block of rooms, > but I can report back when I have more info. > > jp > > On Sun, Sep 22, 2024 at 1:59 PM Susie Cobbledick via GBW < > gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> wrote: > > > > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: Susie Cobbledick <scobbledick@yahoo.com> > To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications < > gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > Cc: > Bcc: > Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) > Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel > Colleagues-- > > I tried to reserve a room at the Graduate Providence for Standards. First > I tried using the online link, but the rates I saw were much higher than > the $179.00 per night that our web site listed. I tried clicking various > places and even tried to find a place to put the Group Reservation Code to > no avail. > > Finally as a last disparate act, I called the hotel, as it seems I could > do per out site. I was told that staff could not make a reservation over > the phone and if I was seeing different rates, I needed to talk to my > organization. > > Is anyone else having trouble with the hotel? I will probably look for > other places to stay. > > Susie Cobbledick > Book Conservator > Missouri Botanical Garden Librart > GBWJ Co-editor > > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: Susie Cobbledick via GBW <gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > To: The Email List for Guild of Book Workers Member Communications < > gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org> > Cc: > Bcc: > Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 17:59:15 +0000 (UTC) > Subject: [GBW] trouble with hotel > GBW: The email list for GBW member communications > > To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org > To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than > "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." > > For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: > https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org > > List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also > need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list > messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register > > For problems, contact the Communications Chair: > communications@guildofbookworkers.org > > GBW: The email list for GBW member communications > > To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org > To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than > "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." > > For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: > https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org > > List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also > need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list > messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register > > For problems, contact the Communications Chair: > communications@guildofbookworkers.org > > > GBW: The email list for GBW member communications > > To post a message, send an email to gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org > To unsubscribe by email, write to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than > "Re: Contents of GBW digest..." > > For info about the list or to change your settings, visit: > https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/list/gbw.list.guildofbookworkers.org > > List subscribers who wish to manage their list specific settings will also > need to register. Registration is NOT required to post/receive list > messages. To register, go to: https://list.guildofbookworkers.org/register > > For problems, contact the Communications Chair: > communications@guildofbookworkers.org >