gbw@list.guildofbookworkers.org

The email list for Guild of Book Workers member communications.

View all threads

Paper Case paper?

KH
Karen Hanmer
Wed, Dec 20, 2023 3:41 PM

Hi friends.

I've been using the cotton+flax paper from Hook for paper cases.
https://www.colophonbookarts.com/paperboard/hook-pottery-paper-case

I'm wondering what others of you like.

Thanks.

Stay well.

Karen

--
Karen Hanmer

www.karenhanmer.com
Karen Hanmer Book Arts. Since 1997 answering the question
"What will I do with my liberal arts degree?"

Hi friends. I've been using the cotton+flax paper from Hook for paper cases. https://www.colophonbookarts.com/paperboard/hook-pottery-paper-case I'm wondering what others of you like. Thanks. Stay well. Karen -- Karen Hanmer www.karenhanmer.com Karen Hanmer Book Arts. Since 1997 answering the question "What will I do with my liberal arts degree?"
SC
Susie Cobbledick
Wed, Dec 20, 2023 4:04 PM

Karen--

This might be an eccentric option, but since it is hard/impossible to find longer fibered conventional paper for cases, I have used amate and liked it well. I would call this product a pseudo-paper ( we can argue that point), and I am not certain of its chemical stability (though I have seen many older examples in collections).

Give it a try. https://hiromipaper.com/products/amate-paper-large

Susie Cobbledick

 On Wednesday, December 20, 2023 at 09:41:25 AM CST, Karen Hanmer <karen@karenhanmer.com> wrote:

Hi friends.

I've been using the cotton+flax paper from Hook for paper cases.
https://www.colophonbookarts.com/paperboard/hook-pottery-paper-case

I'm wondering what others of you like.

Thanks.

Stay well.

Karen

--
Karen Hanmer

www.karenhanmer.com
Karen Hanmer Book Arts. Since 1997 answering the question
"What will I do with my liberal arts degree?"

GBW: The email list for GBW member communications

For info about the list or to change your settings, visit
GBW Calendar of Events Online: https://www.guildofbookworkers.org/events

To advertise your events, please fill out this form https://gbw.formstack.com/forms/calendareventrequestform

For problems, contact the Communications Chair:
communications@guildofbookworkers.org

Karen-- This might be an eccentric option, but since it is hard/impossible to find longer fibered conventional paper for cases, I have used amate and liked it well. I would call this product a pseudo-paper ( we can argue that point), and I am not certain of its chemical stability (though I have seen many older examples in collections). Give it a try. https://hiromipaper.com/products/amate-paper-large Susie Cobbledick On Wednesday, December 20, 2023 at 09:41:25 AM CST, Karen Hanmer <karen@karenhanmer.com> wrote: Hi friends. I've been using the cotton+flax paper from Hook for paper cases. https://www.colophonbookarts.com/paperboard/hook-pottery-paper-case I'm wondering what others of you like. Thanks. Stay well. Karen -- Karen Hanmer www.karenhanmer.com Karen Hanmer Book Arts. Since 1997 answering the question "What will I do with my liberal arts degree?" ____________________________________________________ GBW: The email list for GBW member communications To post a message, email to To unsubscribe send an email to gbw-leave@list.guildofbookworkers.org For info about the list or to change your settings, visit GBW Calendar of Events Online: https://www.guildofbookworkers.org/events To advertise your events, please fill out this form https://gbw.formstack.com/forms/calendareventrequestform For problems, contact the Communications Chair: communications@guildofbookworkers.org _______________________________________________
PD
Peter D. Verheyen
Wed, Dec 20, 2023 4:23 PM

I'm very partial to Cave Paper.