Re: Standards 2023: Parking info and local recommendation

MC
Michelle C. Smith
Wed, Sep 27, 2023 5:20 PM

Hi from the Bay,

I just wanted to chime in about BART prices. I sure wish it was $5 to get from the Oakland airport to Powell Station, but unfortunately it is $11.35 one way. From SFO to Powell Station is $10.00. (BART charges by distance, and going to or from an airport bumps up the price.)

There will also be an additional $3 charge to get a Clipper Card to load your fare onto, unless you are smartphone savvy and want to use Apple Wallet or Google Wallet (more info here: https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/pay-with-phone ).

Much cheaper than a cab or rideshare apps though!

Cheers,

Michelle C. Smith
she/her

------- Original Message -------

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 09:00:12 -0600
From: Priscilla Spitler prispit54@gmail.com

Subject: [GBW] Re: Standards 2023: Parking info and local
recommendations
To: William Minter wminterbook@gmail.com

Cc: Jennifer Pellecchia standards@guildofbookworkers.org,

GBW@list.guildofbookworkers.org

Hi Bill,

I travel to the Bay Area a lot and find BART to be the best way to get into the City from the Airports.Especially if it is near rush hour above ground.

From Oakland, they have a shuttle out front (across the street) to the Bart airport terminal at the airport, but it is walkable if you travel light.

There, you do not buy a ticket until after you board the train. At the next stop, there are machines to purchase a ticket or Clipper card and charge up with say a $20 billl.
Take either the Daly City or Milbrae train directly into the city. The hotel is located past the Embarcadero stop, say Powell Street, just look up the closest to Union Square.

It will cost about $5 one way.

From San Francisco airport, I believe that Bart goes directly too and from downtown SF. It is fast and reliable.
I don’t travel at night, so I can not say how safe it is then.

Priscilla

On Sep 26, 2023, at 6:19 PM, William Minter wminterbook@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jennifer,
Sorry to bother you at this late hour.
Did I miss the information about transportation from the airport to the hotel?
THANKS
Bill

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA 16695
814-793-4020
wminterbook@gmail.com mailto:wminterbook@gmail.com

Hi from the Bay, I just wanted to chime in about BART prices. I sure wish it was $5 to get from the Oakland airport to Powell Station, but unfortunately it is $11.35 one way. From SFO to Powell Station is $10.00. (BART charges by distance, and going to or from an airport bumps up the price.) There will also be an additional $3 charge to get a Clipper Card to load your fare onto, unless you are smartphone savvy and want to use Apple Wallet or Google Wallet (more info here: https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/pay-with-phone ). Much cheaper than a cab or rideshare apps though! Cheers, Michelle C. Smith she/her ------- Original Message ------- > Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 09:00:12 -0600 > From: Priscilla Spitler prispit54@gmail.com > > Subject: [GBW] Re: Standards 2023: Parking info and local > recommendations > To: William Minter wminterbook@gmail.com > > Cc: Jennifer Pellecchia standards@guildofbookworkers.org, > > GBW@list.guildofbookworkers.org > Message-ID: 3535064D-62C7-41E6-9209-D73A8FADDAC7@gmail.com > > Content-Type: multipart/alternative; > boundary="Apple-Mail=_3DECA39E-9397-49DE-83AD-61DE3A7C10AB" > > Hi Bill, > > I travel to the Bay Area a lot and find BART to be the best way to get into the City from the Airports.Especially if it is near rush hour above ground. > > From Oakland, they have a shuttle out front (across the street) to the Bart airport terminal at the airport, but it is walkable if you travel light. > > There, you do not buy a ticket until after you board the train. At the next stop, there are machines to purchase a ticket or Clipper card and charge up with say a $20 billl. > Take either the Daly City or Milbrae train directly into the city. The hotel is located past the Embarcadero stop, say Powell Street, just look up the closest to Union Square. > > It will cost about $5 one way. > > From San Francisco airport, I believe that Bart goes directly too and from downtown SF. It is fast and reliable. > I don’t travel at night, so I can not say how safe it is then. > > Priscilla > > > On Sep 26, 2023, at 6:19 PM, William Minter wminterbook@gmail.com wrote: > > > > Hi Jennifer, > > Sorry to bother you at this late hour. > > Did I miss the information about transportation from the airport to the hotel? > > THANKS > > Bill > > > > William Minter Bookbinding & Conservation, Inc. > > 4364 Woodbury Pike > > Woodbury, PA 16695 > > 814-793-4020 > > wminterbook@gmail.com mailto:wminterbook@gmail.com