Fwd: draft potomac chapter news

PC
Potomac Chapter
Fri, Mar 1, 2024 12:44 AM

Here is our Potomac chapter news for the April newsletter. I don't know
whether you can include illustrations, but I've added 3 photos that go with
the Valentines event. Thanks!

Shireen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Shireen Holman shireen@shireenholman.com
Date: Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 7:38 PM
Subject: draft potomac chapter news
To: Potomac Chapter GBW potomac@guildofbookworkers.org
Cc: Shireen Holman shireen@shireenholman.com

CHAIR: Charlotte Mauler Hayes

Potomac Chapter members gathered at Paige Billin-Frye’s home on February 11
to make Valentines. We arrived with lovely papers, our creativity, and
delicious snacks. We cut, folded, and glued paper while sharing stories and
ideas. Charlotte Hayes, our chapter chairperson, brought the ROKR printing
press she had assembled from a kit made of laser cut wooden pieces, and a
stamp pad. With this we turned out many little cards that said “Happy
Valentine’s Day.”

We are looking forward to our annual spring swap, for which participants
make something like small books, paper cutouts, prints, or postcards, send
them out to all other participants, and receive wonderful pieces in
exchange. We then get together and discuss our pieces.

In our area, The Walters Art Museum in Baltimore is having an exhibition,
'New on the Bookshelf: The Creative Power of Women.' The exhibition
showcases recently acquired works that were printed, illuminated, designed,
or written by women.

[image: IMG_2605.jpeg]
[image: IMG_2626 2.jpeg]
[image: IMG_2630 2.jpeg]

Shireen Holman
Printmaker & Book Artist
www.shireenholman.com

Here is our Potomac chapter news for the April newsletter. I don't know whether you can include illustrations, but I've added 3 photos that go with the Valentines event. Thanks! Shireen ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Shireen Holman <shireen@shireenholman.com> Date: Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 7:38 PM Subject: draft potomac chapter news To: Potomac Chapter GBW <potomac@guildofbookworkers.org> Cc: Shireen Holman <shireen@shireenholman.com> CHAIR: Charlotte Mauler Hayes Potomac Chapter members gathered at Paige Billin-Frye’s home on February 11 to make Valentines. We arrived with lovely papers, our creativity, and delicious snacks. We cut, folded, and glued paper while sharing stories and ideas. Charlotte Hayes, our chapter chairperson, brought the ROKR printing press she had assembled from a kit made of laser cut wooden pieces, and a stamp pad. With this we turned out many little cards that said “Happy Valentine’s Day.” We are looking forward to our annual spring swap, for which participants make something like small books, paper cutouts, prints, or postcards, send them out to all other participants, and receive wonderful pieces in exchange. We then get together and discuss our pieces. In our area, The Walters Art Museum in Baltimore is having an exhibition, 'New on the Bookshelf: The Creative Power of Women.' The exhibition showcases recently acquired works that were printed, illuminated, designed, or written by women. [image: IMG_2605.jpeg] [image: IMG_2626 2.jpeg] [image: IMG_2630 2.jpeg] ******************************** Shireen Holman Printmaker & Book Artist www.shireenholman.com