gbwexec@list.guildofbookworkers.org

Communication tool for the GBW Board of Directors

View all threads

1-18-24 Minutes for Review

GS
GBW Secretary
Mon, Jan 22, 2024 11:24 PM

Good afternoon,

Please find attached the minutes from last Thursday's meeting for your
review. Please look it over and let me know if changes need to be made! The
attachment is a PDF, but the editable document can be accessed here if
edits are required:

1-18-24 Minutes.docx
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ld955VrTM2aokov1b7sETdEfKxw6EK9Z/view?usp=drive_web

Here is a summary of the action items that need to be addressed before the
next meeting:

  • President and Standards: Discuss logistics of creating coupon codes
    for members to access Vimeo for free.
  • *Executive Board?: *Now that we will hold a virtual meeting, need to
    conduct a poll of members on time and day of meeting, and meeting content.
    Brainstorm meeting content.
  • *President and Membership: *Discuss strategy for notifying members of
    change in membership dues.
  • *Exhibitions, Journal, President & Treasurer: *Schedule supplementary
    meeting to discuss journal and exhibition catalog publishing.
  • *Chapter chairs (and members): *Please review Chapter Handbook
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x6_1FaPMkEYGVtSxpWSpRvggc6y_97YhFpNqINIKFqw/edit#heading=h.ydrdgs5brea9
    by March 1. Members of large chapters share thoughts (if any) with Todd to
    contribute to future discussion.
  • *Everybody: *If you want to send a birthday card to Margaret Johnson,
    who's turning 100 in April, please contact Bridget for the address.

Thank you for your hard work!

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Buchi
she/her

[...]
SC
Susie Cobbledick
Tue, Jan 23, 2024 2:11 PM

Jennifer—

These look good to me. Thanks for sending them while my memory was fresh!

Susie Cobbledick

[Image removed by sender.] 1-18-24 Minutes.docxhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ld955VrTM2aokov1b7sETdEfKxw6EK9Z/view?usp=drive_web

Jennifer— These look good to me. Thanks for sending them while my memory was fresh! Susie Cobbledick From: GBW Secretary <secretary@guildofbookworkers.org> Sent: Monday, January 22, 2024 5:24 PM To: Communication tool for the GBW Board of Directors <gbwexec@list.guildofbookworkers.org> Subject: [GBW_EXEC] 1-18-24 Minutes for Review You don't often get email from secretary@guildofbookworkers.org. Learn why this is important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification> Good afternoon, Please find attached the minutes from last Thursday's meeting for your review. Please look it over and let me know if changes need to be made! The attachment is a PDF, but the editable document can be accessed here if edits are required: [Image removed by sender.] 1-18-24 Minutes.docx<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ld955VrTM2aokov1b7sETdEfKxw6EK9Z/view?usp=drive_web> Here is a summary of the action items that need to be addressed before the next meeting: * President and Standards: Discuss logistics of creating coupon codes for members to access Vimeo for free. * Executive Board?: Now that we will hold a virtual meeting, need to conduct a poll of members on time and day of meeting, and meeting content. Brainstorm meeting content. * President and Membership: Discuss strategy for notifying members of change in membership dues. * Exhibitions, Journal, President & Treasurer: Schedule supplementary meeting to discuss journal and exhibition catalog publishing. * Chapter chairs (and members): Please review Chapter Handbook<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x6_1FaPMkEYGVtSxpWSpRvggc6y_97YhFpNqINIKFqw/edit#heading=h.ydrdgs5brea9> by March 1. Members of large chapters share thoughts (if any) with Todd to contribute to future discussion. * Everybody: If you want to send a birthday card to Margaret Johnson, who's turning 100 in April, please contact Bridget for the address. Thank you for your hard work! Jennifer -- Jennifer Buchi she/her Secretary, Guild of Bookworkers