[GBW] Cloth Clamshell with Pressure Lid

Henry Hebert henry.j.hebert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 09:54:13 EST 2015

Over the last couple of years, I've learned probably 4 different methods
for covering the trays of a typical clamshell box. Some methods are faster,
some end up looking a little more refined.

I was recently thinking about clamshell enclosures with a "pressure lid",
often used for books covered in parchment at risk for changing dimension
with environmental conditions. Maybe there is a better name for this
enclosure. Regardless, I'm wondering if there are different methods for
covering and attaching the internal lid.

What is your method?
Has it evolved over time?
Do you use particular materials for strength, flexibility of the lid joint,
etc?
Do you absolutely hate pressure lids and use another method (like straps
with snaps or velcro) for keeping the box closed? If so, what and why?

Hoping to start a discussion. I'm happy to compile the results and send
them back to the list.

Thanks,
-Henry Hebert