[GBW] 3 Month Reminder - BLOOD QUANTUM - 23 Sandy Gallery, Portland, OR

Laura Russell simplybooksltd at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:24:22 EDT 2015

Call For Entries

BLOOD QUANTUM
On view in the gallery in November 6 - December 19, 2015
Deadline for submissions: August 22, 2015

23 Sandy Gallery invites artists to participate in Blood Quantum, a juried exhibition of book art about our ancestry, identity, heritage, family history and our personal cultural narrative—real or fictional.

THEME – Blood Quantum is a concept that refers to the degree of ancestry for an individual of a specific racial or ethnic group such as Native Americans. This concept got us thinking about what a juicy topic this could be for book and paper artists.

MEDIA  – This exhibit is open to handmade book and paper arts related works created as either edition or one-of-a-kind. Artist books, sculptural books, book objects, altered books, zines, and broadsides are all encouraged.

JUROR – Blood Quantum will be juried by Robert Gore and Laura Russell. Robert Gore is the Visual Arts Librarian and curator of the artists’ book collection in the UCLA Arts Library. See prospectus for full bio. Laura Russell is the owner of 23 Sandy Gallery.

AWARDS – Three artists will receive Best of Show Awards. Winners are selected upon installation of the show. In addition, we will also award the Library Purchase Prize. The winning work or works will be purchased by the gallery and donated to the artists' book collection at the UCLA Arts Library.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:  AUGUST 22, 2015 at Midnight (PST)

A full prospectus and more information about Blood Quantum can be found here:
http://www.23sandy.com/blood-quantum/call-for-entries.html

Thank you,

Laura

**********************