[GBW] Announcing Medieval Bookbinding models

Karen Hanmer karen at karenhanmer.com
Sun Jul 12 10:46:27 EDT 2015

Announcing Medieval Bookbinding models

/
Girdle book,/ a medieval binding structure featuring a long extension of
leather which could be attached to a traveler’s belt.

/
Medieval cut-away binding/, lacing and covering appear in process to
reveal how the binding is constructed.

Both models are accompanied by a twelve-page, illustrated booklet with
bibliography outlining the construction of medieval bindings in general
and the girdle book in particular.

How-to also available:/Medieval on the Go: The Girdle Book/, complete
instructions for crafting a girdle book with numerous illustrations,
tool list and extensive bibliography

The models can be ordered directly from the binder at
karen_reply at karenhanmer.com <mailto:karen_reply at karenhanmer.com>

The instruction book is available directly from Lulu.com

http://www.lulu.com/shop/karen-hanmer/medieval-on-the-go-the-girdle-book/paperback/product-22243865.html

Images and more information are online at
http://www.karenhanmer.com/gallery/piece.php?gallery=bookstructuremodels&p=Girdle

Thank you for your consideration

--
Karen Hanmer
karen at karenhanmer.com
www.karenhanmer.com

Karen Hanmer Book Arts. Since 1997 answering the question
"What will I do with my liberal arts degree?"

NEW BOOK To Serve and Protect: Containers, conveyances, and cosmic happenings
http://www.karenhanmer.com/gallery/piece.php?gallery=newwork&p=ServeProtect

Workshop calendar: http://www.karenhanmer.com/teaching/

For frequent updates on new projects, become my virtual friend on Facebook