[GBW] Question about a Tool

Bill Minter wminter at pennswoods.net
Tue Dec 10 08:44:17 EST 2013

Joanne,
My guess is that someone modified a standard typeholder by adding the
heating element. I doubt that it was manufactured in the manner that you
show.
I am currently visiting with Frank Mowery who trained in Germany. Frank has
his professor's typeholder that was manufactured with an imbedded heating
element. He also has a typeholder very similar to the one your show.
As I think about it more, it would seem that the heater element and cord
may have come from a KwikPrint hot stamping machine. Perhaps you could
investigate their replacement parts. They may have elements that will be
much safer than the current arrangement.
All the Best,
Bill

--
4364 Woodbury Pike