[GBW] Children's Workshop Ideas

Marnie Powers-Torrey marnie.torrey at utah.edu
Mon Dec 2 10:45:53 EST 2013

Hi Brien,

Sounds like a fun program! At the Book Arts Program, we have an active K-12 outreach program and have invited Susan K. Gaylord to teach multiple times. Check out her excellent website for ideas: http://www.makingbooks.com<http://www.makingbooks.com/>. There are a number of artists who travel and teach bookmaking for kids: cj grossman, Ed Hutchins, Paul Johnson, Paulette Rosen, Shawn Sheehy, just to name a few. Many have written books on making books with kids or on making folded forms that are appropriate for children. You might also ask your library to purchase one of the many how-to books available such as Making Handmade Books: 100+ bindings by Alisa Golden.

I hope you might make it to the College Book Art Association Conference<http://www.conferences.utah.edu/cbaa/> in SLC in January-- it would be great to see you again.

All best,

Marnie