[GBW] GBW Directory

Peter D. Verheyen verheyen at philobiblon.com
Fri Dec 10 13:15:13 EST 2010

Really amazed at the response to the online issue, but so be it...
That said, if GBW wanted, they could lock down the PDF directory so
that nothing can be copied/pasted... That would be a pain, but if
someone really wanted they could just rekey... Point is, you can do
that with print as well.

I think it is very reasonable of GBW to move forward with making some
of these resources available online - saves $$$, and easier to update.
My lament is coordination of announcements isn't ideal resulting in
confusion like now.

For a print directory, another option would be having it printed on
demand by Lulu or Blurb and then folks could order online. The link
could be kept hidden and be available only via the "members only"
area. Fill out the order form, pay (maybe $10 at cost), and it'll
arrive in your mail in about 2 weeks. Yes, it's passing on the costs,
but so be it.

p.

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC