[GBW] Bookbinding Courses

chelame at aol.com chelame at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 20:16:56 EST 2010

 Hi Andrea,

There may not be any one short course that can cover all the basics, but there are some useful short courses for those needing a foundation in traditional bookbinding to underpin a potential interest in paper conservation for paper in books. The cloth case binding workshop, non-adhesive binding workshop and the limp vellum workshop at North Bennet are good basics. Better yet, their three month intensive is potentially a very useful basic intro. The American Academy of Bookbinding has their 2011 course schedule up on the web, and offers some fundamentals courses as well. I am sure you will get advise about others as well.

Cheers,

Chela Metzger