[GBW] Reminder: Guild of Book Workers Journal Call for Papers

Cara Schlesinger turtlegrace1 at juno.com
Tue Jun 9 12:08:54 EDT 2009

[Please excuse cross-posting]

The Guild of Book Workers Journal seeks papers and articles for issues
forthcoming in 2009 and 2010.  We welcome manuscripts in all the fields
represented by the Guild’s membership, on topics including but not limited
to:

- Bookbinding (Descriptions of techniques and how-to articles; discussions
of particular structures, both old and new)
- Conservation (treatment techniques, what does or does not work, noteworthy
programs, history)
- Artist’s Books (innovative structures, examinations of an artist’s body of
work)
- Book art techniques (paper-making, printing, calligraphy, marbling,)
- History (little-known events, figures, or movements; new findings about a
period or particular development in the history of the book and book arts)
- Profiles (interviews with book artists, practitioners, conservators,
collectors)
- Travelogues (accounts of events, communities, organizations, or
exhibitions around the country and world)

We also welcome proposals for color portfolios, presenting photographs of
selections from a collection, exhibition, or individual’s body of work.

In its new format, all articles submitted to the Journal will be
peer-reviewed.  Authors of accepted articles will be expected to conform
their articles to our style guidelines, available upon request to
journal at guildofbookworkers.allmail.net.

Authors need not be members of the Guild of Book Workers to submit an
article, though we encourage book workers in all fields to consider joining.

Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2009 for December 2009 issue; April 2010
for October 2010 issue
Send queries and electronic submissions (.rtf, .doc or .pdf formats) to
journal at guildofbookworkers.allmail.net