[GBW] Oak Knoll: older GBW exhibitoin catalogs and Don Etherington autobiography

Karen Hanmer karen at karenhanmer.com
Sun Dec 20 22:07:16 EST 2009

Hello friends and colleagues.

I was poking around on the Oak Knoll website and found that they are
offering several GBW exhibition catalogs no longer available from the Guild:

The Guild of Book Workers 75th Anniversary Exhibition (1981)

Bound To Vary, A Guild Of Book Workers Exhibition of Unique Fine
Bindings on the Married Mettle Press Limited Edition of Billy Budd,
Sailor (1988)

10th Anniversary Exhibition of the New England Chapter of the Guild Of
Book Workers (1992)

Exhibition of Hand Bookbinding, Casemaking, Restoration Calligraphy &
Illumination, and Hand-Decorated Papers (1959)

I also saw that Don Etherington's autobiography will be available in
February 2010, hardcover and in sheets. I read a draft in 2009 and found
it to be both interesting and charming.

A search for "Guild of Book Workers" at http://www.oakknoll.com/ will
bring up all these books if this link does not work:

    http://www.oakknoll.com/results.php?s_ShowPics=1&search_val=guild+of+book+workers&search_fld=All&x=20&y=8

Happy new year to all.

Karen

--