[GBW] book-related videos needed for exhibit

William Minter wminter at pennswoods.net
Tue Jan 29 15:59:43 EST 2008

I highly recommend THE MARK OF THE MAKER, a video about how fine
paper is used by book people, as well as calligraphers and artists.
It is available from Twinrocker Handmade Paper.
The movie provides an important look at the qualities that can be
attained with the right type of paper.
The film was nominated for an Academy Award when it was released in
the early 1990's.
Bill Minter

On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:18 PM, Brea Black wrote:

> Apologies for cross-posting…
>
>   I am co-curating an exhibit called “Books Outside the Binding” at
> the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery at the Topeka & Shawnee County Public
> Library in Topeka, Kansas. As part of the exhibit we would like to
> loop videos on different aspects of bookmaking -- specifically
> papermaking, bookbinding, and letterpress printing.
>
>   I’ve done a little searching and come up with some great videos
> from the GBW. Unfortunately, they’re 3 hours long. We need
> something 30 minutes to 1 hour, something fairly basic so that
> people can circulate through the exhibit and pick up some good
> information in a relatively short period of time.
>
>   Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please contact me off-list
> at bblack at tscpl.org.
>
>   Brea Black
>   Special Collections Librarian
>   Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library