[GBW] book-related videos needed for exhibit

Nellie Stavisky NeStavisky at JTSA.EDU
Tue Jan 29 15:36:03 EST 2008

You might try Caririage House Paper Mill  (Elaine
Koretsky in Brookline Mass and Donna Koretsky in
Brooklyn, N.Y.) for videos on paper-making.

Good luck,
Nellie Stavisky

At 12:18 PM 1/29/2008, you wrote:
>Apologies for cross-posting

>   I am co-curating an exhibit called “Books
> Outside the Binding” at the Alice C. Sabatini
> Gallery at the Topeka & Shawnee County Public
> Library in Topeka, Kansas. As part of the
> exhibit we would like to loop videos on
> different aspects of bookmaking -- specifically
> papermaking, bookbinding, and letterpress printing.
>
>   I’ve done a little searching and come up with
> some great videos from the GBW. Unfortunately,
> they’re 3 hours long. We need something 30
> minutes to 1 hour, something fairly basic so
> that people can circulate through the exhibit
> and pick up some good information in a relatively short period of time.
>
>   Any suggestions would be appreciated. Please
> contact me off-list at bblack at tscpl.org.
>
>   Brea Black
>   Special Collections Librarian
>   Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
>   1515 SW 10th Ave.
>   Topeka, KS 66604
>   bblack at tscpl.org

>GBW: The email list for GBW member communications
>
>GBW Standards - October 18-20, 2007
>Dallas, TX - More info at
>http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/standards.shtml
>
>The GBW website is supported and maintained by
>Conservation OnLine http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw
>
>To post messages, email to GBW at mailman.lib.msu.edu
>
>For problems, contact Eric Alstrom, List Manager:
>gbwlist at guildofbookworkers.allmail.net

Nellie Stavisky
Consultant
Conservation Department