[GBW] treasurer's report

Wed Jan 9 14:57:37 EST 2008

greetings all - i won't be at this week's meeting as i am in austria
(the meeting will begin around 1:30 in the morning here so even if i
did call in i would likely be incoherent)

attached is a PDF of the 12/31/07 P&L. it is by no means a final
report as i haven't had a chance to check for errors. please note
that the profit for standards will decrease as i haven't posted the
general ledger adjustments regarding the scholarships - some of the
standards profit (around $600) will be pulled from income and put
into expenses. also, the auction income shouldn't be in the standards
category but in its own. and i haven't received a final bill from
andy small for his video work.

it looks like we will be able to use the existing merchant vendor
account (for processing credit cards online). i've given the info to
eric.

as to the covering expenses of the travel award recipients - perhaps
we could cover registration no matter what, and in years when there
are funds available cover all or part of the travel as well. maybe we
don't need to make this a policy, or make it widely known, and leave
room for adjusting as needed, although, as jim mentions, this could
get tricky.