[GBW] Rocky Mountain Exhibit Call for Entries

Marnie Powers-Torrey marnie.torrey at utah.edu
Tue Jan 8 18:30:56 EST 2008

A follow-up: please address questions regarding the Rocky Mountain
Exhibition to the organizer of the exhibit, Karen Jones:
kjones at jefferson.lib.co.us. Thank you!

Repeat posting of information:

CALL FOR ENTRIES The Rocky Mountain Chapter of GBW is sponsoring a
members show, West of the Plains: Contemporary Book Works by Members of
the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers. The theme is
open to your interpretation in the medium of book art, including
traditional design binding, broadside (calligraphy/fine letter press)
and artists' books.
Submissions: The show is open to members of the Rocky Mtn. chapter and
will be juried by nationally-known book artist(and former chapter
co-chair) Laura Wait. Members may submit up to two pieces. Depending on
the number of entries and space available, one or both may be accepted.

Deadline for submission: August 31, 2008 Submission applications will be
available by March, 2008.

Catalog An online catalog will be posted on our website. A printed
exhibit list will be available at each venue. We encourage exhibitors to
supply digital images of submitted work, but we will also document the
show.

Time Line The first exhibit is scheduled for Oct.- Dec. 2008 in Denver.
We are negotiating possible venues in New Mexico, Tempe, AZ, UT and
Laramie, WY. The show will travel through June of 2009.

Laura Wait, nationally recognized design binder, book artist, printmaker
and painter, lives in Steamboat Springs, CO. Her work can be found in
many national collections and she is represented by Joshua Heller Rare
Books and Priscilla Juvallis, Inc. You can see some of her work at
www.laurawait.com