[GBW] Rocky Mountain Exhibit Call for Entries

Eric Alstrom, GBW Communications Chair communications at guildofbookworkers.allmail.net
Mon Jan 7 10:42:51 EST 2008

Sent on behalf of the Rocky Mountain Chapter.  Please address any questions
to the chapter chairs:

--------------------------

CALL FOR ENTRIES The Rocky Mountain Chapter of GBW is sponsoring a members
show, West of the Plains: Contemporary Book Works by Members of the Rocky
Mountain Chapter of the Guild of Book Workers. The theme is open to your
interpretation in the medium of book art, including traditional design
binding, broadside (calligraphy/fine letter press) and artists' books.
Submissions: The show is open to members of the Rocky Mtn. chapter and will
be juried by nationally-known book artist(and former chapter co-chair) Laura
Wait. Members may submit up to two pieces. Depending on the number of
entries and space available, one or both may be accepted.

Deadline for submission: August 31, 2008 Submission applications will be
available by March, 2008.

Catalog An online catalog will be posted on our website. A printed exhibit
list will be available at each venue. We encourage exhibitors to supply
digital images of submitted work, but we will also document the show.

Time Line The first exhibit is scheduled for Oct.- Dec. 2008 in Denver. We
are negotiating possible venues in New Mexico, Tempe, AZ, UT and Laramie,
WY. The show will travel through June of 2009.

Laura Wait, nationally recognized design binder, book artist, printmaker and
painter, lives in Steamboat Springs, CO. Her work can be found in many
national collections and she is represented by Joshua Heller Rare Books and
Priscilla Juvallis, Inc. You can see some of her work at www.laurawait.com

Marnie Powers-Torrey
Studio Manager, Instructor, Printer
Book Arts Program and Red Butte Press
J. Willard Marriott Library
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84112

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^ Eric Alstrom Communications
Chair & WebBinder Guild of Book Workers
communications at guildofbookworkers.allmail.net
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/