[GBW] Sinks

Frank Mowery FMowery at FOLGER.edu
Sun Jan 6 18:33:03 EST 2008

save your money and contact Peter Mecklenburg, Museum Services/ Conservation Emporium  tel # 651-450-8954

they made for me various size trays of High density Polyethylene.  they are white, tough, chemically nearly inert,  and I have been using them for several years and love them.  they are a fraction of the cost of S/S.  he can make a sink out of it as well.

At The Folger we have had S/S sinks for years but recently have had even S/S 316 (kitchen grade  not lab grade) S/S  sinks have rust spots.  The HDPE  trays are rigid, and chemically inert (only a few exotic acids will attack it).

Frank Mowery

________________________________

From: gbw-bounces at mailman.lib.msu.edu on behalf of Frank Lehmann
Sent: Sun 1/6/2008 5:26 PM
To: GBW List
Subject: [GBW] Sinks

Please excuse any cross-posting

Does anyone have recommendations for a source of large, shallow,
stainless steel sinks for paper washing?  I would also appreciate any
advice as to what to look for.

Thank you,
Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery

GBW: The email list for GBW member communications

GBW Standards - October 18-20, 2007
Dallas, TX - More info at http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/standards.shtml

The GBW website is supported and maintained by
Conservation OnLine http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw

To post messages, email to GBW at mailman.lib.msu.edu

For problems, contact Eric Alstrom, List Manager:
gbwlist at guildofbookworkers.allmail.net