[GBW] book presses for sale

Rebecca Shaffer bookhart at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 1 20:11:41 EST 2008

I have two pieces of heavy equipment remaining from my bindery (which
is now closed).  I've sold everything else to individuals, businesses,
and institutions so I am well prepared to assist with purchase and
shipping.  If you are interested please contact me by e-mail for
pictures and arrangements. Thank you, Rebecca Shaffer

HEAVY EQUIPMENT FOR SALE
REBECCA SHAFFER
1937 HART ROAD LEXINGTON, KY 40502
(859) 269-6057

STANDING PRESS
I purchased this standing press in 1996 and had it refurbished.  I am
selling it for $1295 - including press plates and furniture (plus
shipping).  This price is firm. The press is 7’ tall, has 60” of
daylight, a 3”screw, and a 20” x 27” platen. Estimated weight is 1200
lbs.  The press is completely refurbished and in excellent condition.
It has enough torque to cold emboss leather.
NIPPING PRESS
I bought this Vagelli nipping press new in 1991.  I am selling it for
$7,000.00, including press plates (plus shipping).  It is 40” tall, has
21” of daylight, a 15 3/8” x 19 3/8”platen, and a percussion torque
gear.  Estimated weight is 375 lb.  The press is in mint condition.
With it I include a small book press.  It is 17” tall, has 2 ¾”
daylight, and a 9 ¾”x 13” platen that is driven by a top screw.  It
requires just a bit of cleaning up and is missing 2 bolts.
Nb.
Q.Vagelli is now defunct.  A comparable nipping press (new) is priced
at $9,000.00 plus shipping from Europe.  $7,000.00 is an excellent
price for this piece.