[GBW] gold foil

Rollin Polk rpolk1 at grandecom.net
Sat Jun 16 22:54:48 EDT 2007

Chuck,
      Why do you want to use lower heat?   I have many years
experience with foil stamping, and never heard of this variation.
What I do know is that with some stampers the heat can be regulated.
Second, there is another way of increasing or decreasing the image,
and that is to decrease the "dwell."   That means to  lift the handle
up more quickly.

"Dwell" is one of the three variables in foil stamping.
The second is "temperature", regulated by the thermostat on the press.
The third is "pressure", regulated by raising or lowering the stamping table.

  You can check on the web for foil manufacturers' information, but
that variation for the foil itself is a new one for me.
                                                 Good luck,               Rollin

--
ROLLIN'S BINDERY
207 Veda Mae Drive