[GBW] musty smell in papers

Judy judy at signah.com
Mon Aug 13 18:36:57 EDT 2007

I've never found anything that works.  Kitty litter, products such as
"Teenage Gym Locker" or similar, etc.  Fresh air and sunlight should work,
but that's not very good for the documents. But if they are not valuable,
maybe it's worth a try.

I have heard that using "unscented" (they are really scented) dryer papers
(bits of paper you put into the dryer with your clothes) work if interleaved
in discouraging pests such as silver fish from eating your books.  It would
just substitute another odor for the mustiness, but that's what air
fresheners do.

This has been discussed on this list several times. And nothing I have seen
has really worked.

Signa Houghteling