[GBW] musty smell in papers

Cattermole Books penny at stratos.net
Sun Aug 12 20:51:34 EDT 2007

Dear Mark,
there is a product available at sales at bookdeodorizer.com. Buy it and
follow instructions for serious musty smells. We have had some success
with ground cloves dusted between each page of books and put away in a
sealed plastic bag for at least a year. However, this only works if the
smell is not too bad. We know that freezing and baking have no effect,
nor, if the smell is bad does it help to disassemble the book and wash,
dry, and resize.
Bill
Cattermole Books